Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Not stashing, sewing (well, not quite)

A while ago I decided to revamp my bedroom chair. I probably bought it in the first place because it was green (and it had paisley fabric) but it was time for a change. I've been painting it on and off for months and finally finished it a few weeks ago. It's been sitting in the garage waiting for some new fabric to cover the seat cushion. Well, lo and behold, what should arrive in the mail, perfect for the job? My Ink & Spindle giveaway fabric pack. Under strict instructions not to stash, I set to work with the upholstery tacks:


I'm pretty chuffed with the result - not bad for an old Vinnies chair! - though a bright colourful small cushion is needed - I'm not too good with the white on white thing to live with (love seeing it online though). Now I've just got to get onto those curtains...

Don't forget that today is the last day for Henrietta's giveaway. The girls have been briefed and are ready to pick the winners so get your name in while you can.

6 comments:

Jedda said...

That fabric looks fantastic! Makes me want to run home and paint some furniture white....I better get to those sock bunnies first!

Leanne said...

Wow great job...so fresh! Love the fabric.

Taccolina said...

Super job: you've really updated the chair but kept its lovely shape. Well done!

Kel said...

great job.great chair-love the form and the fabric works so well. gotta love a bargain

Tali said...

wow, what a makeover, it looks uber hip!!

Nicole said...

nice work :o) love the fabric